You’ve probably heard those stories of perfectly normal people making money on YouTube. So you thought, “Hey! I can do it too! Earning thousands of dollars is probably not realistic, but you can still start making money quickly, especially if you have a large subscriber base. Learn how to profit from your videos and start making money from advertising.
Table of Contents
Create and grow your YouTube channel.
Your channel is your personal presence on YouTube. A YouTube channel is attached to each YouTube account and a YouTube account is linked to each Google account. Creating a YouTube account will give you access to other Google products, like Gmail or Drive.
- Create your account or use your existing account. Add keywords to help people find your channel. You can add keywords by navigating to the Advanced Options section of your channel settings. Make sure these keywords are relevant to your content.
- Your username can also make all the difference. If it’s short, easy to remember, and original, people will remember you much more easily. However, if you are currently using an account, keep it. Constantly switching accounts won’t help you.
Try to upload high-quality videos that are not too long. However, this will depend on the kind of content you decide to present. Also, try to post videos regularly.
- Even if your content isn’t great at first, hang in there. By practicing, you will become better. Try to make each video better than the previous one. You will probably learn by doing.
- Improve your content by using a better camera or trying out better software or editing techniques. Also, try to improve the way you shoot things. Use a tripod, ask a friend to help you, or improve the lighting. All of this will lead to a higher quality finished product, which in turn will help you grow your audience.
- By uploading videos regularly, you’ll have a better chance of retaining a loyal following. People are more likely to subscribe if you add content on a regular basis and can best stick to your schedule.
- Be sure to tag your videos with keywords that will describe the content, as well as write an enticing description. This will draw people to your videos when they search on YouTube.
Grow your audience.
This step is crucial to increase the income you can get from YouTube. You will need people to watch ads so you can earn money. There’s no secret to getting more followers: create the best content you can and they’ll come to you.
- Keep uploading videos and trying to hook people. Post your videos on Facebook and Twitter. Share them with as many people as possible. Distribute them all over the internet. To become a YouTube partner, it is essential to have a large number of subscribers.
- Engage with your audience by responding to comments and occasionally making videos directly related to subscriber questions and comments. By getting closer to your community, you will promote its growth.
Leverage your videos.
In order to start making money from your videos, you need to be able to make them profitable. This means that you will need to allow YouTube to place ads in your videos. This also means that you will have to ensure that there is no copyrighted material in your videos.
- Go to the YouTube site and select My channel.
- Go to your video management settings.
- Choose channel and enable monetization.
Look for different sources of income.
Popular YouTube musician Timmy Linetsky tells us, “You can make money in a variety of ways. There’s the revenue from ads, but there are also sponsorship opportunities from certain companies, which can put some butter in the spinach from time to time. I turned my channel into a business by giving private lessons, which became my main source of income.
My channel also allowed me to obtain a position in the school in which I teach. They saw what I can teach on YouTube. I’m also on Patreon, so people can support me and I get occasional job offers.
Get 10,000 views.
To earn some money, you must have at least 10,000 views.
- You can monetize a video, by clicking on the Monetization tab while uploading the video, then checking the Monetization by ads box.
- To profit from a video after it has been downloaded, open the Video Manager and click on the $ sign next to the video. Check the Ad monetization box.
You can install AdSense for free from the AdSense site. Click the Create Account button. You must be over 18 to create your own account. If you are younger, you will need to ask an adult to assist you.
- You’ll need a PayPal or bank account and a valid email address as well as some other information so AdSense can verify who you are and who to send the money to. You will only earn money when someone clicks on the ad and a smaller amount each time someone views the ad. This is why it is important to have a large audience.
Track your stats.
Once you have a few videos online, ads have been embedded in them, and people are watching them, you will need to monitor your stats. Click the Analytics option in your channel menu. You’ll then be able to see an estimate of your revenue, ad success, video views, audience demographics, and more.
- Use these tools to understand how your audience perceives your content. You could scale up your content or marketing if you find you’re not attracting the users you want to attract.
Broadcast your videos on other platforms.
Become a YouTube Partner.
YouTube partners are YouTube users whose videos are viewed by many users. Partners have access to more content creation tools and can earn prizes based on the number of views they get. Partners also have much better access to YouTube team support and guidance.
- You can apply to become a YouTube partner whenever you want through the “YouTube Partner” page. To access the most interesting programs, you will need to have 15,000 hours of cumulative views on your channel, over the last 90 days.
- Upload content regularly.
- Create videos with interesting content of good quality.
- Use keywords so people can find your videos.
- Invest time and effort in editing your videos.
- Make your videos based on what’s popular on the internet.
- Don’t forget to add tags when you upload a video.
- Create profiles on different social networks (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) and advertise!
- Some people might leave mean comments to discourage you. Don’t let them win.
- Most YouTube partners don’t make a lot of money. Unless you’re extremely successful, don’t expect to be able to quit your current job.
- Copyrighted content may cause your videos to be removed. You might even be banned from the site.
- If any of your videos contain copyrighted content (e.g. music you didn’t create, scenes from movies, etc.), you’ll be less likely to be accepted as a YouTube partner.